Friday, May 6, 2016

Druzy quartz and tiger eye rings

I'm trying to pace myself, making jewelry fairly consistently throughout the year so that I have a decent stock to bring to the holiday show that I participate in.  I was on sabbatical last year because I just wasn't feeling like making much of anything and I didn't want to push it.  It seemed to do the trick because I've started to want to make things again.

                                      

In the last couple of weeks, I've made a bunch of rings and earrings with druzy quartz and tiger eye. The druzy quartz have fine sugar-like crystals on the top of them formed when dissolved silica carried by ground water is deposited in porous areas on the stones.  The quartz I got has been treated with an iridescent coating that really makes them sparkle.  

                                              

I made a few tiger eye rings - two were gifts and one will go up for sale - with some simple stamping around the bezel.




Hopefully I can keep this up...it feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment