Friday, April 13, 2012

Everyday Bangles

I've been meaning to make these for at least a couple of years. 





I finally got a round bracelet mandrel and made a bunch of them with a variety of sterling wire gauges. But when I finished them and they were nice and shiny, I had a flash of what happens to my wide sterling cuff bracelet every time I wear it. Maybe it's just a user error, but somehow I manage to scuff it all up along the bottom. So I have to do a light sand and polish on it often. Sometimes I will get it out of my jewelry drawer to put it on and remember that I need to do that before I can wear it again. And the whole point of these bangles was to have a set of fun, loud bracelets that were low maintenance and could be worn all the time.

So I used a chasing tool on them and added random lines here and there, then added a hammered texture around each of them. Much, much better. 






Need a set of these? They are listed in my Etsy shop here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/97433190/everyday-sterling-silver-bangle-bracelet


No comments:

Post a Comment