Sunday, July 31, 2011

Twins! cake

I made this lemon cake with cream cheese frosting for a fashionista mother who had twin boys.  She has fabulous shoes, so the gumpaste slingbacks seemed like a good choice, adding a baby into each one.

 
The mother's sign of good luck is a red bird, so I used an exacto knife to cut one out of fondant and added it to the back of the topper.


It's been a very long time since I made fondant figures, and I forgot how much prep time goes into them--lots of tools spread out over a large area.  I used to have this process organized fairly efficiently, but I'm sure this time it took me much longer than it needed to because I kept putting away tools and having to get them out again...hopefully I will remember those things for the next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment