Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Shapes necklace

When I was in Junior High, I had a silver metal belt with alternating geometric shapes sort of like this one that I wore with an over-sized teal button down shirt. Often paired with an almost white denim skirt. It was a pretty incredible look, especially when I added the green eyeshadow to the mix.

Anyway.  I made the chain on this necklace for a different pendant, but it just looked very wrong when I put the whole thing together.  So I took it apart and made this pendant from 14 gauge sterling wire that I hammered to give it some texture.  I didn't think of the 80's belt when I was trying to decide what to do with the chain, but the memory certainly slapped me in the back of the head when I stepped back and looked at the finished necklace. 

I wonder if that means I didn't learn from the past and I am condemned to repeat it?  I do have a pair of pretty awesome leg warmers waiting for an appropriate occasion in the back of my sock drawer.  And I can still rat the hell out of my hair.








  

No comments:

Post a Comment