Thursday, June 24, 2010

More, more, more

When Ben was beginning to talk, he used sign language for some of his communication. He would sign "more" to us by bringing his hands together in front of his chest over and over with all of the fingertips touching. Eventually, it became his first word (and for quite a while, his only word), and he would say it while signing. He would practically chant "more, more, more".

That's what I thought of when I was making all of these things. Not new techniques. More, more, more.

A fold formed copper cuff (about an inch wide) with sterling rivets added in:




More spinner rings--trying out some other textures.




And another tube set amethyst pendant with silver shavings fused to the front of the sterling surface for some texture.  That's right, I save everything I can at my work bench.  I even catch the silver that falls away while doing rough filing and sawing.  It makes the cheapskate in my heart sing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment