Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holiday trays

Every year around the holidays I try make trays with cookies, etc. on them for the neighbors in our cul de sac. Since I am still trying to figure out the flooding technique with royal icing on sugar cookies, I made some giant cookies to include in the trays. I still don't have it...I want that really smooth finish, but I think the thing I am missing is something terrible like Crisco. If that's the case, I guess I won't ever get there. I can't put that on top of the cookies and serve them to friends and family--it might end up with my guilt forcing me to jump in and knock the beautiful but deadly cookie from someone's hand.

Ben is home with me for the next couple of weeks, so he helped me by decorating the chocolate covered pretzels. Not one millimeter of that chocolate went undecorated. Check out that cute apron. He was a huge help!



One of the finished trays:



We haven't been able to get all of the trays delivered because not everyone was home last night, but we will try again today. That's one more check mark on my holiday to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment